[CMC] NASA's Decision on Hosting the Spring 2022 Technical and CESG Meetings

Blackwood, Michael D MBlackwood at asrcfederal.com
Thu Mar 3 21:52:48 UTC 2022

Dear CMC Members,

I would like to thank you all again for your responses about your agencies' position on attending CCSDS's technical meetings this spring. Before making a decision, NASA also consulted a few Area Directors and Working Group Chairs. What they told us is that a significant number of regular meeting attendees do not plan to attend this spring's technical meetings regardless of their agency's travel policy.

Given the high level of uncertainty that remains and the likelihood of greatly reduced attendance, NASA thinks the best course of action is to once again hold virtual Technical and CESG meetings. We certainly look forward meeting in-person again and hope to join you all at this fall's coming meetings.

Tomorrow, 4 March, I will announce the decision to the CCSDS community by email and we will post a message to the CCSDS website. I will also begin to coordinate with the CESG for virtual technical meetings.

Sincerely,

Michael Blackwood
Program Plan and Control Analyst, Staff
mblackwood at asrcfederal.com<mailto:mblackwood at asrcfederal.com>
o: (301) 837-3901
7000 Muirkirk Meadows Drive, Beltsville, MD 20705
asrcfederal.com<https://www.asrcfederal.com/> | Purpose Driven. Enduring Commitment.

The preceding message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2512, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, protected by attorney-client or other privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error and destroy the original message and all copies.