[CMC] Request for new WG candidates for the SEA D-DOR WG chair position

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 30 17:01:05 UTC 2020

Dear CMC Heads of Delegation,

Jim Border, who has been the Chair of the D-DOR WG for some time now, has announced that he wishes to step down as Chair, effective after the end of this meeting cycle. He will be retiring in a year and wants to identify a new WG Chair now so that he can mentor them in the role.  I have to applaud his dedication and desire to make this transition as smooth as possible.  This is a small, if very effective, WG that provides standards that are essential for accurate deep space navigation.

In accordance with the CCSDS Organization and Processes, CCSDS A02.1-Y-4, Sec 2.3.3.4, I am asking the CMC members to propose candidates to fill this position.   Suitable candidates, of course, should have familiarity with this somewhat specialized technology and the related systems, processes, and standards.

Please provide your proposed candidates to me within the next 30 days, or no later than 30 November, 2020.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards, Peter Shames

Peter Shames
CCSDS Systems Engineering Area Director

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-490
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-6871

Internet:  Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov

We must recognize the strong and undeniable influence that our language exerts on our ways of thinking and, in fact, delimits the abstract space in which we can formulate - give form to - our thoughts.

Niklaus Wirth