[CMC] CMC Resolutions and Action Items from the 28-30 October 2019 Meeting

Soula Jean-Marc Jean-Marc.Soula at cnes.fr
Mon Nov 18 16:14:05 UTC 2019

Bonjour Michael,

Concerning the following action,

CMC-A-2019-10-08
The CMC asks that Jean-Marc Soula investigate possible options for a booth, potentially shared with IOAG, at SpaceOps 2020 and what options exist for integrating CCSDS messages into a keynote speech and report the results to the CMC (Due Date: 30 November 2019)

I talked to the hosts of the SpaceOps 2020, SANSA, and got the following preliminary answers:

- SANSA is willing to offer a booth for IOAG-CCSDS if all the available slots are not sold ; deadline for decision is still TBD and we may expect that the confirmation will come much later, in 2020.
Plans may need to be established on what / who / how ... this opportunity may be best used by CCSDS - IOAG.

- The current plan for this SpaceOps is that one of the Plenaries is about Exploration and the Moon missions (exact title still TBD) ; It should talk of the period from the ISS and LOP-G. SANSA sees an opportunity to include in the Panel one speaker to address the benefits of the international cooperation on communications (i.e.: the LCAWG report and possibly the MO ... in contrast to the ISS communications puzzle) ; I believe this should be discussed with IOAG (possibly at the upcoming IOAG telco on Dec. 10 and thru the CCSDS-IOAG liaison) to agree on who could be on the Panel and speak in the name of both organizations.

As I'm involved in SpaceOps, but also CCSDS and IOAG, I may follow up on this action, up to the point when SANSA confirms and relevant contacts are designated.

NB: "communications puzzle" are  my words, not SANSA's...
Best regards
Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DNO/TSA/DA
Deputy Head of Telecom, Stations networks and Alert systems Department
18 Avenue Edouard Belin
31401 Toulouse Cedex 9 - France
Tel.: +33 (0)5 61 2 74647
Fax.: +33 (0)5 61 2 73993