[CMC] SOIS SUBNET WG leadership additional candidates?

Martin.Suess at esa.int Martin.Suess at esa.int
Sun Nov 1 15:51:16 UTC 2015

Dear CMC member,

Following the recommendation of the Deterministic Networking BoF during
the Spring 2015 meeting I'm currently working to reinitiate SOIS
Subnetwork Working Group.
The proposed task of the SOIS Subnetwork WG is to define a Subnetwork
Deterministic Service in form of a Magenta book and as part of this work
to perform the 5 year review of the existing Subnetwork Service Magenta
books.
In addition it is proposed that the WG will show a mapping of the
Subnetwork Services on existing Data Link Protocols in form of a green
book.

The CESG has approved project pending a number of conditions to be
fulfilled.
Once an agreement on the implementation of the conditions has been reached
I will submit the revised WG charter and projects in a poll to CMC with
the request to authorise the creation of  the SOIS Subnetwork Working
Group.
At the moment Glenn Rakow (NASA) and Marco Rovatti (ESA) have been
identified as candidates for Chair and Deputy Chair respectively.

With this mail I would like to give the CMC representatives of the other
agencies the opportunity to inform me about additional candidates which I
should consider in my request to CESG for approval of  the SOIS SUBNET WG
leadership.

I would be happy to hear back from you in this matter via e-mail.

Kind regards,
Martin

ESA ? European Space Agency
Martin Suess
Head of On-board Payload Data Processing Section
Electrical Engineering Department

ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1, PO box 299,
NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands