[CMC Alert] Reminder & Information for Nagano CMC meeting

T. Shigeta shigeta.tsutomu at jaxa.jp
Tue Apr 14 10:24:12 UTC 2015

Dear CMC Members,

Concerning the upcoming CMC meeting at Nagano on 18-21 May, this is to
remind you of the deadline for the hotel reservation(Thursday, April
16), and send you an update logistics information.

1) Reminder for Hotel Reservation

  So far, number of attendees listed in our hotel reservation (not
counting the accompanied) are:
  NASA/AIAA: 3,  UKSA: 1,  FSA: 1,  INPE: 1,  ESA: 2, DLR: 1,
  CNES: 1, CNSA/NSSC-CAS: 2, JAXA: 2.

If any of members not yet submitted the hotel reservation request,
please send us the completed hotel reservation form (see attached) by
coming Thursday April 16.

2) Logistics Information

  Please find attached the updated logistic information. Changes made
from the previous versions inculde:
  - JAXA local contact (Ms. Wada --> Ms. Tobari)
  - Transportation information (from JR Tokyo Station to JR Nagano
Station) Please note that Nagano station is no longer the last stop now.
The line has been extended to Kanazawa station (Ishikawa Pref.) as of
March 2015. You have to be careful not to oversleep in the train....
  - Information for Hokuriku Shinkansen is added:
      http://www.nippon.com/en/features/h10015/
  - Some good websites for train options, sent from Nestor-san, are
included in the logistic information.
    HyperDia: http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
    Japan Rail Pass: http://www.jrpass.com/

3) CMC Technical Tour on May 18

  It seems no one is planed to join the tour from Sakurada Station in
the morning of May 18. Thus, if you do not have any inconvenience, we
would like to change the tour schedule as follows:
  - the tour bus will not stop at Sakurada Station, and
  - the tour bus will start earlier by one hour (9:00am --> 8:00am) and
return to the hotel one hour earlier than previously planned (from 22:00
to 21:00).

We will send you an updated "Time Table & Social Events" information by
reflecting the above-mentioned schedule changes.

Please let me know should you have any questions, suggestions, or requests.

Best regards  --- Shigeta