[CMC Alert] Proposed Disposition of Poll Conditions

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Feb 26 19:50:23 EST 2014

Tom

I believe that there exists a problem in the way you recommend to follow,
in order to save Agenda time in the next physical meeting.

You have discussed and agreed YB  text modifications to satisfy ADs / CMC
members' conditions without seeking prior consensus at CESG level, In fact
you are only copying the CESG, assuming that the issue is closed at our
level with "your suggested way forward".
As CESG Chair, I do not fully agree with some of your (and some ADs)
suggestions. Even if (according to your new text) the CESG chair has no
vote possibility, as MOIMS AD I have approved an YB, that now has been
changed and is seeking approval without re-polling. If a new poll is
issued, I will have the possibility to set my conditions "as MOIMS AD" to
your new proposed text.
I do not agree that the CESG Chairs do not vote. It is not usual, but it
has happened in the past. This is the reason why we have the option
"other" in the CESG poll. It is there to be used in atypical situations as
the "last" solution. In case the CESG Chairs could not vote, I would like
to have a discussion about the inclusion of a CESG Chairs "veto" option
after a CESG poll.
CMC conditions and its related changes needs to be discussed also at CESG
level. I have some observations on your suggested modifications.

I firmly believe that we need to discuss these issues during the CESG /
CMC meeting.

ciao
nestor