[CMC E-Poll Alert] RP A5-01 Announcement of Review Opportuni ty

Thomas Gannett Thomas.Gannett at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 4 08:59:41 EDT 2005

At 03:34 AM 4/4/2005, Soula Jean-Marc wrote:
>Sorry for the delay in this reply but it took time for me to investigate
>which resolution of the CMC did ask for an agency review on this ; I very
>likely missed it but couldn't find any such resolution .... but maybe it's
>just because my records are only from F03 meeting ?
>
>Could you please help and clarify ?

Jean-Marc:

The document was originally approved for Red Book review in the spring of
2002 (CMC Resolution MC-S02-01).  The review of Red Book issue 1 was
completed in August of 2002, but consensus was not achieved to publish a
Blue Book.  The reason for the delay between the completion of the Red-1
review and the Red-2 review is unknown;  however, according to procedures
in force at the time, there was no time limit for issuance of a second
issue of the Red Book, and no additional resolution was required for Red
Book issues subsequent to the first issue.

The document is one of the restructured Space Link Protocol documents, most
of which were approved as Blue Books in September 2003.  The Encapsulation
Service specification remained in draft status pending review of a second
Red Book issue.

Since the time when this document was originally approved, procedures have
been changed to include safeguards against long delays between issues of
review documents.

Best regards,
Tom Gannett