[Secretariat] [CMC] Request to support a BOF at the next CCSDS Technical Workshop (San Antonio, USA 28th Oct - 31st Oct 2013)

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Mon Jul 22 07:14:54 EDT 2013

JM

This issue has been discussed at the last CESG mid term telecon

A BOF meeting does not mean that a new (independent) WG will be created,
but it gives us the possibility that Agencies support with new resources
the 1st meeting. CSTS has no resources  to discuss neither the generic
file transfer nor radiometric offline service. The proposed approach (I
hope) will allow some parallel work.

In addition the generic file transfe  is deemed as a general service
across CCSDS and not only confined to CSTS. USe cases (ca. 10-15) have
been developed and discussed.
The CSTS FW will be , of course, used for the radiometric service.

I agree that we need to recharter the whole CSS Area (SM and CSTS). SM is
being done, CSTS is the next one. (They mainly want to end first the FW
and the monitored data service).

All your points will be discussed at the 2nd CESG mid-term telecon on 18th
September 2013. You will receive more details afterwards.

ciao
nestor

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.