[CMC] SM&C Overlap materials

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 10 11:17:34 EDT 2010

Here is the overlap analysis, specifically of SM&C but involving other
areas, that I did back in Sept 09.  On pg 18 is the specific set of areas of
overlap that I identified, cross cutting MOIMS, CSS, SIS, SEA, and SOIS.
SLS is blissfully left out of this discussion.

This ought to be a very good focal point for starting a focused overlap
analysis.  The materials that Erik and the RA SIG developed that focus on
the Messaging overlaps is an example of how to take this the next step of
detail.  It needs refinement, but is a really good start.

Once we have these analyses done in any given topic area we can then do the
harder work of sorting out how to resolve the actual overlaps.

Regards, Peter

Peter Shames
Manager - JPL Data Systems Standards Program
InterPlanetary Network Directorate
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-490
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-6871

Internet:  Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first
time"

                T.S. Eliot