[CMC] Fw: I am leaving CCSDS

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Mon Apr 19 11:24:05 EDT 2010

Dear CMC colleagues,

It is with regret that I have to announce that I am definitively retiring
from CCSDS. Since more than 6 months the ESA Director General has mandated
me to review the IT organisation / governance in the Agency and to take
over for this purpose another Department. My actual retirement date from
ESA is December 2011.
Thus it is time to say good bye to CCSDS and all the people I know there,
some of them since very long time. I have appreciated your company, your
collaboration, your high expertise and dedication to Space
standardisation. I am still more than convinced that this is an essential
activity within and between Space organisations. The fruits of
standardisation are enormous although not easily quantifiable and this is
what makes the business case always so difficult. This will not change,
therefore we need people like you who are convinced and pursuing this
effort.
I will regret and never forget you as appreciated colleagues and wish you
luck and success to you and CCSDS.

Best regards, JFK

Jean-François Kaufeler
Head ESA Informatics and Facility Management Department
ESA / ESOC Robert Bosch Str. 5, D-64293 Darmstadt
Tel.: +49 6151 902224    Fax: +49 6151 903412
Mob.: +49 170 226 5385

PS. 1) Very soon ESA will nominate its Principal Delegate to CCSDS
        2) You can remove me from all distribution lists