[CMC] Mission Operations Services Concept on IOAG-12 agenda?

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 5 19:25:51 EDT 2009

CMC and CESG members:

Nestor and I both agree that it would be beneficial to put the Mission Operations Services Concept on the IOAG-12 agenda. It is suggested that we have Mario or a member of his team make a ~30 minute presentation and then invite the IOAG delegates to:

a)    Comment on the proposed SM&C concept that is developing in CCSDS;

b)    Determine if is an item for which they feel that they have oversight responsibility

The IOAG meeting will be held on 22-24 September in Rome and it is therefore imperative that we should ask for this topic to be put on the agenda as soon as possible, so that the IOAG delegates can seek appropriate input from their mission operations personnel. I know that a lot of you are on vacation and checking e-mail infrequently, but if you have any objections to this plan then please let me know by next Monday (10 August). Otherwise, in my capacity as CCSDS Technical Liasion, I will go ahead and submit the CCSDS request for agenda time to the IOAG Secretariat at that time.

Best regards
Adrian