[CMC] Re: IOP - IOAG - CCSDS

Soula Jean-Marc jean-marc.soula at cnes.fr
Fri Oct 31 09:58:38 EST 2008

I'm under the impression that we still have the same options :
- go to the IOP chair as he is the one who may influence the agenda (no collective IOP decision will be made before IOP meets)
- elaborate the CCSDS presentation that was discussed at the last CMC and let Narita-san present it ("compromise" accepted within IOAG and still questionned within CMC)
- give up with the CCSDS issued presentation and leave the IOP decide on CCSDS related issues (*) based mainly on an IOAG point of view

(*) : to comment on the IOAG organization chart, IOP delegates may have authority on CCSDS, as per each agency organization ; the reason for the link between Agency name and IOP delegate, in the chart, is that the IOAG charter was not supposed to impose any internal organization to any agency ... In CNES case, the IOP delegate has enough authority on both CCSDS and IOAG activities of CNES, in particular regarding the technical policy and the staffing.

Personally, I'm fine with options 1 or 2 but I would be disappointed with option 3, above all if some CCSDS views are missing just because of a different speaker.

Best regards

Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DCT/OP/C-STA
Advisor, GN Operations