[CMC] The Digital Archimedes Palimpsest Released

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 30 07:32:33 EST 2008

If you go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fZdIw-s-E&eurl=http://www.archimedespalimpsest.org/video-news1.html
and move down to time 36:21 in the video, you
will see that Doug Emory
http://www.archimedespalimpsest.org/digitalproduct1.html
used the CCSDS Open Archival Information System
(OAIS) as a basis for his work on the Archimedes digital archive.

This would be a very good piece of news if one of
you guys could take the time to write it up as a
draft Press Release for the CCSDS Secretariat to
issue. Will anyone take on this task? You can
contact Doug Emory <doug.emery at gmail.com> for more information.

///a