[CMC] CCSDS delegation to IOP-2 in Geneva?

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 29 06:59:59 EST 2008

At 03:23 AM 10/29/2008, Soula Jean-Marc wrote:
>Nevertheless, in an IOP preparation meeting yesterday, while there
>was no objection for a CCSDS presentation as was discussed, some
>delegates suggested that the speaker should be from IOAG on this subject.
>As a compromise, one of the delegates who acts in both IOAG and CMC
>could make it.

Jean-Marc: I recall that strong opinions were expressed last week
that the CCSDS is completely independent of the IOAG and therefore
should be able to make its own request to present CCSDS status at the
IOP. The CCSDS should therefore (presumably) also be free to choose
who makes that presentation.

My personal feeling is that (since he will be in Geneva anyway,
supporting the ESA delegation) Mr. Kaufeler should give the
presentation. That way there will be no confusion about whether he is
speaking for the CCSDS or for the IOAG.

Best regards
Adrian