[CMC] CCSDS at IOP-2?

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Tue Oct 7 04:53:59 EDT 2008

Adrian,
I share Jean-Marc's remarks. IOP is at much higher level and they may not
appreciate the importance of CCSDS at its complementarity with IOAG. Thus
I favour a CCSDS slot where we show our achievements, our plans / rational
and their link with IOAG. ESA will be represented by our Director of
Operation and Infrastructure Gaele Winters, Manfred will be there as ESA -
IOAG and myself as ESA - CCSDS. I am willing to present something (tbd in
Berlin).
Best regards, JFK

"Adrian J. Hooke" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>
Sent by: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
02.10.2008 15:54

"CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc
CCSDS Engineering Steering Group - ADs <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject
[CMC] CCSDS at IOP-2?

CMC members: the second Inter-Operability Plenary (IOP-2) will be
held in Geneva on December 9/10. Attendees will nominally be senior
Agency leaders, such as Bill Gerstenmaier (NASA) and Gael Winters
(ESA). As presently structured, the agenda does NOT include a report
from CCSDS.

Does the CMC want to ask for an agenda slot, and if so what material
should be covered and who should present it? It has been suggested by
NASA management that I should possibly attend as the CCSDS Technical
Liaison, but at present all that I would do is to observe and report
back to CCSDS.

Do we want to play a more pro-active role, and do we want to send
more delegates? How many of the existing CMC and CESG members are
planning to attend?

Best regards
Adrian