[CMC] RE : RE : IOAG-12 "Final Acts"

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 27 11:44:22 EST 2008

At 07:33 AM 11/27/2008, Soula Jean-Marc wrote:
>I will be satisfied if you follow Manfred's suggestion on the
>inclusion of the CNES memo and of the wording of  "One delegation
>expressed a different view of the priority assigned to the ..."

In such cases where there are internal IOAG disagreements about
priorities, it would be very useful to have a clear definition about
what that implies when the IOAG "advises" CCSDS with respect to
potential needs for future standards.

The IOAG contains only a subset of the CCSDS agencies. Firstly, it
must be clear that the IOAG cannot *direct* a CCSDS agency to expend
resources on a standards development if that agency isn't represented
in the IOAG. Secondly, if the IOAG agency delegates have differing
views of priorities, then is it understood that the corresponding
CCSDS agency delegates will each weigh those differences when
deciding whether or not to allocate their CCSDS resources to a new
standards development?

Best regards
Adrian

Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG) and
CCSDS Technical Liaison to the IOAG