[Secretariat] Re: [CMC] Moving Forward - CCSDS [Version-2]

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-NASA) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 18 01:37:43 EST 2008

Narita:  First let me apologize for proposing such extensive changes to your presentation.  They are changes that I believe are needed, and I will discuss those reasons in this note.

I did not copy the IOAG members that you copied, because I believe that first this is a CCSDS discussion.  If you believe that these changes violate the guideline for an "IOAG view" then I will elevate the matter to the IOAG representatives.  I believe that it is not necessarily a conflict between an "IOAG view" and a "CCSDS view".  Surely the purpose of selecting a member of both groups was to allow an "Integrated IOAG and CCSDS view".  Such a goal should not conflict with the "IOAG view" idea.

So, if you reject some of my proposals because they are not clear, or because they are incorrect, then that is OK.  But if you reject them because they are a "CCSDS view" and not an "IOAG view" then we need to discuss further.

If it helps, I have rejected about 4 pages of my own comments because they more directly addressed "CCSDS objectives".   It could be worse.

I had previously said I would provide comments last Friday, but I was sidelined with medical and other issues this weekend.  I have tried to understand the flow of prior comments on the mail list, but I may have missed some.  Please bear with me if my comments revisit some earlier comments unnecessarily.

I believe this is a very important presentation.  Therefore, it is worth the effort to make it to the best advantage of the agencies involved.  If you think we need a telecon to discuss this (as the SISG is doing with their presentation) I will be happy to support it and discuss these and other member's proposals one-by-one.

And thank you for your great effort in this, also.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029