[CMC] RE: IOP-2 Agenda - SFCG, CCSDS, SIAG Presentations

Allan, PM (Peter) peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 04:22:03 EST 2008

Adrian,

I think the relationship between IOAG and CCSDS needs to be clarified
and agreed by both sides as clearly they are different at the moment.
There does not seem to be agreement even within IOAG, since at the
recent meeting I was very concerned about Badri saying that IOAG tells
CCSDS what to do, so I asked Jim Costrell about this and he said that
was not the case. This ought to be sorted out before the IOP, but I
suspect that will not be.

My position is very clear. Until BNSC is a full member of IOAG, I will
in no way consider committing BNSC resources to any requests coming from
IOAG. To do so would be bad management.

Peter Allan