[Secretariat] [CMC] Authorization to create the Digital Repository Audit and Certification Working Group

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Fri May 23 07:12:04 EDT 2008

Yes, this addresses my comments/provisions.   The path to the Magenda book is clear, and the concept paper is provided.

One side comment...  When I said that the charter needed to capture all of the manpower that the WG expected the agencies to expend, I did not intend for the manpower to be described down to the fractional (0.05 FTE) level.  The CCSDS previously agreed that for the purpose of allocating resources, the key agencies would provide the names of their support team, and make the statement that their efforts were a commitment to produce the documents.  But mechanical accounting of FTE numbers was not productive nor realistic control of the program.

So... you didn't necessarily have to list FTEs for the individuals for the requirements of forming the working group.  No harm done if it helps your internal planning for the WG.   However, when these parameters change, there is not a need to update the document.  We don't consider the FTE numbers to be something that is under configuration control in the document.

Adrian, you can correct me if I'm wrong.   When we transfer to the new charter system, the templates will reflect this approach.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029