[CMC] Re: SFCG contact for CCSDS

Edoardo.Marelli at esa.int Edoardo.Marelli at esa.int
Thu Mar 20 09:04:07 EST 2008

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for nominating Jean-Luc as CCSDS representative in SFCG.

Having worked with him for many years, I know he is an excellent choice. He
has all the required technical background and skills to fulfil the task.

The fact that we are both based in the same ESA facilities will further help
in getting the maximum results out of the cooperation between our two
committees.

Best regards,

Edoardo

Edoardo Marelli  (ESA/ESTEC)
Head of the ESA Frequency Management Office (TEN-W)
Tel: +31-715654305

             "Kearney, Mike W.
             (MSFC-EO01)"
             <Mike.Kearney at nasa                                           To
             .gov>                      <Edoardo.Marelli at esa.int>
                                                                          cc
             20/03/2008 14:13           <Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int>, "CCSDS
                                        Management Council"
                                        <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
                                                                     Subject
                                        SFCG contact for CCSDS

Dear Edoardo,

I am writing this to you in your capacity as the Executive Secretary for the
SFCG.  I am the General Secretary for CCSDS, and I recently had occasion to
browse the SFCG webstie.  On the member’s page, I noticed that under
Observers, the CCSDS entry said “New representative to be nominated by CCSDS.
”  After some quick consultation within CCSDS, it seems that the most
appropriate representative would be Jean-Luc Gerner,  the area director over
the Space Link Services in CCSDs, and an active participant in both CCSDS and
SFCG.   Jean-Luc has agreed that he can do this for us.

Jean-Luc’s contact information is:

Jean-Luc Gerner
ESA/European Space Technology Centre
Postbus 299
2200 A.G. Noordwijk
The Netherlands
Telephone: +31 71 565 4473
FAX: +31 71 565 4596
E-mail: Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int

Please feel free to contact Jean-Luc or me if you need any further
information.

Best regards,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney