RE : [CMC] Communiqué from IOP-2

Soula Jean-Marc jean-marc.soula at cnes.fr
Thu Dec 11 09:51:01 EST 2008

Dear Adrian,

resolution # 5 of the IOP-2 just endorses the resolution R 12.9.1 that was already submitted to the CMC by its Chair on Nov 21 and that was supposed to be relayed to the CESG on Nov 24 for their review and comments.

The preliminary answer sent to the IOAG on Dec 05 says : "The CESG and CMC will also reconcile the resulting approach with the CCSDS agency priorities and the resources available for the work.".

At my level, I do not see any reason why my agency would have different priorities in CCSDS and IOAG as we are driven on both sides by same missions and their schedules.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in hearing the consolidated point of view of the CESG in terms of the difficulties they may have with the available resources to process this order of priorities ;
- the first reply to IOAG could just indicate if and when we may accomodate their requirement : the unavailability of resources may in some cases lead to a different production planning that we should identify and report to IOAG
- the associated action should then be for the interested CMC delegates to call for the necessary resources in their agency.

When may a CESG analysis be made available ?

Best regards

Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DCT/OP/C-STA
Advisor, GN Operations