[CMC] RE: CMC/CESG/ISO meeting planning

Soula Jean-Marc jean-marc.soula at cnes.fr
Fri Nov 30 02:34:31 EST 2007

Hi Mike,

thank you for the historical status ; quite interesting but also quite difficult to correct as it starts such a long time ago ...

I'm not sure of what is the intent with the information in the middle of the page :
- do you consider that the organization of a CMC is of same weight as the one of the WG plenaries ?
- why do you count meetings twice when these two meetings were organized in different places and only once when they were in consecutive places weeks in the same place ?

One idea is that we should consider the two types of meetings separately :
- the issue of the WG plenaries was addressed several times during meetings and thru resolutions ; do you intend to revisit the baseline plan (NASA every year, ESA one year out of two, ASI, DLR, CNES, etc... replacing ESA in turn every two years) ?
- the organization of CMC meetings was never seen as a big issue (all agencies confirmed they may accomodate them as required) and the idea was to decide not so long in advance so as to adapt to opportunities and needs (joint meetings) : do you feel we need now a long term plan ?

My suggestion is that we start from the last meetings of each type organized by each agency and we can then again discuss the plenaries and assign 2011 and so on ... while I feel that a shorter advance notice is good for CMC's but I agree that we should keep a record of them as well.

As an input to this, CNES organized CCSDS meetings for the last time in november 2004, in Toulouse : WG plenary and CMC on subsequent weeks.

Best regards

Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DCT/OP/C-STA
Advisor, GN Operations