[CMC] CMC/CESG/ISO meeting planning

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Wed Nov 28 03:28:58 EST 2007

Mike, this is OK with me, regards, JFK

"Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01)" <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>
Sent by: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
27.11.2007 23:56

"CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>,
<cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
[CMC] CMC/CESG/ISO meeting planning

CMC and CESG members:  This is a general update with the current forecast
for CMC/CESG/ISO management meetings.

Concerning the Spring 2008 CMC meeting:

JAXA has volunteered to host the Spring CCSDS meeting.  The location is
tentatively planned to be in either Tokyo or Tsukuba, in June 2007.  This
is consistent with the CMC preference to generally have the CMC meeting a
few months after the Plenary/WG meetings.

Concerning the Fall 2008 CMC meeting:

In the last CMC meeting, we concluded that it would be generally
advantageous for the CMC meeting to follow the Plenary/WG meetings by an
interval of a few months.   However, as the Secretariat was working this
with DLR (the host of the Fall 08 meetings), it was noted that the second
Interoperability Plenary (IOP-2) meeting is also being planned for
December 2008, and that could be a significant conflict.  Also, with the
IOAG meeting in September, it would be best for the CMC to meet in October
to respond to the outcome of the IOAG meeting, and prepare for the IOP in
December.   As a result we are recommending that for the Berlin meeting
(only) we keep the original plan of two weeks of meetings with the
CESG/CMC/ISO meeting in the second week.  Dates are October 13 to 23, as
described by the original plan at
http://public.ccsds.org/meetings/DispForm.aspx?ID=64.  If any CMC members
have concerns about this schedule, please let us know.

Concerning the Spring 2009 CMC meeting:

This is still expected to be a few months after the Spring 2009 Plenary
meeting hosted by NASA.  INPE is looking into their ability to host this
CMC meeting in Brazil.  INPE will not be able to confirm this until March
2008.

Best regards,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney