[CMC] CMC/CESG/ISO meeting planning

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 27 17:56:05 EST 2007

CMC and CESG members:  This is a general update with the current
forecast for CMC/CESG/ISO management meetings.

Concerning the Spring 2008 CMC meeting:

JAXA has volunteered to host the Spring CCSDS meeting.  The location is
tentatively planned to be in either Tokyo or Tsukuba, in June 2007.
This is consistent with the CMC preference to generally have the CMC
meeting a few months after the Plenary/WG meetings.

Concerning the Fall 2008 CMC meeting:

In the last CMC meeting, we concluded that it would be generally
advantageous for the CMC meeting to follow the Plenary/WG meetings by an
interval of a few months.   However, as the Secretariat was working this
with DLR (the host of the Fall 08 meetings), it was noted that the
second Interoperability Plenary (IOP-2) meeting is also being planned
for December 2008, and that could be a significant conflict.  Also, with
the IOAG meeting in September, it would be best for the CMC to meet in
October to respond to the outcome of the IOAG meeting, and prepare for
the IOP in December.   As a result we are recommending that for the
Berlin meeting (only) we keep the original plan of two weeks of meetings
with the CESG/CMC/ISO meeting in the second week.  Dates are October 13
to 23, as described by the original plan at
http://public.ccsds.org/meetings/DispForm.aspx?ID=64.  If any CMC
members have concerns about this schedule, please let us know.

Concerning the Spring 2009 CMC meeting:

This is still expected to be a few months after the Spring 2009 Plenary
meeting hosted by NASA.  INPE is looking into their ability to host this
CMC meeting in Brazil.  INPE will not be able to confirm this until
March 2008.

Best regards,

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney