[CMC] Additional China Agency

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 27 23:42:59 EST 2007

CMC Members:  This is an informational note, just to advise you of a
request we have been given.

Another Chinese agency, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has
requested to become a member of CCSDS.  We plan on first contacting the
existing Chinese observer agency, the Chinese Academy of Space
Technology (CAST), and getting their concurrence.  Assuming there is no
problem, we will then put the CAS membership request to the usual CMC
poll.

The CAS representative has indicated that they want to come to the
October CCSDS WG meeting, and participate in the data compression area.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

NASA MSFC EO-01

256-544-2029