[CMC] OMG relationships (Re: 2007 January CMC Meeting Minutes)

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 20 16:02:20 EST 2007

>Status of MOU between CCSDS and the Object Management Group (OMG) – Mr.
>Hooke reported that NASA has reduced its membership level in OMG. A
>response has been received from OMG that condones continued participation
>between both groups but did not require an MOU. The CMC agreed to continue
>their liaison with OMG via a joint mailing list and liaison representative
>Mr. Greg Kazz.

1. Please see the attached message exchange with the OMG. Does any CMC
member think that we need to formalize an agreement?

2. Referring to http://public.ccsds.org/participation/liaisons.aspx you
will see that the "Object Management Group / CCSDS point of contact is Mr.
Gregg Kazz". I would propose that perhaps someone from MOIMS might be a
more appropriate person to perform this liaison. Do we have a nominee?

3. By the way, Martin, can you confirm the following Fall 2008 arrangements
yet? --

FALL, 2008: Location - Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany; Host - DLR

-- CCSDS Technical Plenary:        13-17 October 2008
-- CESG work day (Area Directors): 20 October, AM and PM
-- SC13:                           20 October, PM
-- CESG/CMC joint:                 21-22 October
-- CMC wrap-up:                    23 October

Best regards
Adrian