[CMC] Presentations at IOAG-11

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 15 16:16:34 EDT 2007

Materials that will be presented at IOAG-11 are now available on the
IOAG public website, http://www.ioag.org. There are several strong
opinions voiced there that will no doubt drive discussions at the CMC
meeting in Brussels.

Several of the presentations address the Cross Support Service
Architecture, which is being led in the IOAG by JAXA. In response to
JAXA's conceptual definition, NASA has recently formed a Consolidated
Network Services Team to create a top level service based
architecture that is intended to steer the future evolution of NASA's
three mission support networks (SN, GN, DSN).  You can find the NASA
Service Architecture proposal at:

http://www.ioag.org/IOAG-11/Day%202/NASA%20Space%20Comm%20and%20Service%20Architecture%20(Rush-Hooke).pdf

You will note that NASA makes several recommendations to the IOAG
which, if adopted, will have significance to CCSDS. In addition, NASA
has made a very healthy long-term resource commitment to support
future development of this architecture and associated standards and
experimental deployments. I will present the current status at the
upcoming CMC meeting in Brussels, and I would encourage other CCSDS
Agencies to seriously consider joining this renewed thrust towards
developing the necessary standards to facilitate future cross support.

Best regards
Adrian