[CMC] CMC 2007 January Draft Resolutions and Action Items

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Tue Feb 6 12:45:44 EST 2007

Allan, and the others
I largely share Peter's view with some nuance:
Sponsoring means giving money. In the case of ESA we only sponsor (pay)
those companies directly working for ESA on a support WP to CCSDS.
All other companies are welcome. Should we ask such companies to get
through the burden of being acknowledged (more appropriate term than
sponsored) by an Agency? Which Agency should they ask to be acknowledged
from? Why only their country? I propose that it could be any Agency.
In the former case the badge would be: Agency/Company.
In the latter case: Company
Regards, JFK

"Allan, PM (Peter)" <P.M.Allan at rl.ac.uk>
Sent by: cmc-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org
02/06/2007 06:14 PM

Neil Dissinger <neild at aiaa.org>, CMC <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [CMC] CMC 2007 January Draft Resolutions and Action Items

Neil,

Resolution CMC-A-2006-01-05 states

   Add field in meeting registration database to designate sponsoring
Agency

The word "sponsoring" is causing a bit of friction in the BNSC area as
some thought it would apply to them, which should not be the case.

It is important to distinguish between those representing an agency,
such as those actually employed by the agency (or in the case of the
BNSC representatives, those formally representing the BNSC position even
though they work for someone else), and outside bodies that may indeed
be sponsored by an agency.

Is the intention to have the current "agency or organisation" on the
form, followed by "sponsoring agency" if the first field was not an
agency. I checked how the BNSC contingency registered for the Winter
2007 meetings and most people put BNSC / org_that_pays_my_salary, which
seems ok to me.

It just needs to be clear and to reflect the true situation.

Cheers

Peter
Dr. Peter M. Allan
Head, Space Data Division