[CMC] CMC 2007 January Draft Resolutions and Action Items

Soula Jean-Marc jean-marc.soula at cnes.fr
Mon Feb 5 10:56:10 EST 2007

Bonjour,

A few comments on the provided draft Resolutions and Actions:
- numbering of actions and resolutions should show 2007 instead of 2006
- CMC-R-2007-01-06 & A-2007-01-03: my notes indicate that this should also be brought to the attention of the IOAG.
- CMC-R-2007-01-12 & A-2007-01-09: the term deliverable is ambiguous to me ; I would suggest that the wording of R and A do not seem to imply that a SIG may produce any document ... and a SIG should go through the BOF, Charter and WG processes if any such document is anticipated within the area where the SIG was created.
- CMC-R-2007-01-11 & A-2007-01-08: to incorporate the new procedures and forms into the "chartering system" will only come after they are validated by the F07 joint CESG-CMC meeting ; this part of the texte should be removed. I would also suggest that the due date of the action item is advanced by one month (end july), if at all possible, so that CESG and CMC members have enough time to review before the the F07 meetings.

In Cold Springs, I raised the question on the resolutions and actions that were established during the joint CESG-CMC meeting ; I was answered that these will belong to a separate list. Is that list available now ?
My suggestion, for the sake of clarity and completeness of the activities conducted by the CMC, is that both lists are agregated in one list only. Is it possible ?

For your information, my notes show some more actions (and potentially resolutions) that come out of this joint meeting:
- on the reporting to the CMC, there was a distributed action to the secretariat and to the CESG, to elaborate a reporting template and indicators that would cover the schedule changes, the participation level (monitoring and not control) and the meeting statictics (number of BOFs, WGs, registrations, attendance, etc...), so as to harmonize reporting between WGs
- each area was to produce a list of documents in progress and their editor
- CESG chair was to coordinate with the NASA Architecture definition WG chair (or via the IOAG chair) to make sure their interim report is provided to the SLS area
- to organize an e-poll on the acceptance of a new work on audit & certification of OAIS standard, as requested by "library community" through ISO
- to querry IOAG on improved requirements concerning High Rate Uplink WG

I hope this helps

Best regards

Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DCT/OP/C-STA