[CMC] Future CCSDS meeting hosting

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 29 17:14:56 EDT 2006

At 02:08 PM 7/24/2006, Adrian J. Hooke wrote:
>Dear CMC members: your attention is drawn to the following item from the
>Spring 2006 CESG report:
>>The CESG feels strongly that to stabilize work planning then meeting
>>dates and locations need to be fixed for several years in advance. The
>>CESG suggests the following rotation and requests the CMC to establish a
>>suitable set of hosting agreements:
>>January 2007:   USA
>>Early Fall 2007:        Europe
>>Spring 2008:    N. America
>>Fall 2008:              Europe
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) I am optimistic that, by the time of the upcoming CMC meeting in Moscow,
NASA will be able to positively confirm that the next CCSDS (January 2007)
meeting series will be hosted in Colorado Springs, USA, approximately as
follows:

15 Jan:          Wireless workshop (offsite location)
16-19 Jan:       CCSDS WG meetings
20 Jan:          CCSDS WG meetings (AM)
20 Jan:          Area Plenaries (PM)
23 Jan:          CESG meeting
24 Jan:          CESG/CMC meeting
25-26 Jan:       CMC meeting
26 Jan:          ISO (PM)

2) Future meeting dates and hosting locations need to be confirmed at the
Moscow meeting, nominally as follows:

SEPTEMBER 2007:        Europe
APRIL/MAY 2008:        USA
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2008: Europe
APRIL/MAY 2008:        USA

3) In terms of the September 2007 meeting in Europe, hosting offers are
solicited. It would be very useful for the CMC to be able to identify who
the host will be, and the meeting location, before we leave Moscow.

Best regards
Adrian Hooke