[CMC] RE : [CESG] Re: Proposed new development time limits

Lapaian Gerard gerard.lapaian at cnes.fr
Tue Aug 1 05:44:58 EDT 2006

Everybody has a part of the truth.

An evident constatation till the new organization is that we cover on the paper a very large domain with always the recurent weakness:the man power in number and in permanecy on the duration.
We can propose what production length we want,the result will be the same if some decision is not taken in front of the situation:

Few people dedicated to CCSDS can produce in short time the red-1 book and after only the delay is an internal problem in each agency(review duration)
Many people with very partial time for CCSDS(0.01%) can't propose even a Red 1 book in 2 years
Many people dedicated to CCSDS can produce in short time à Red 1 book.

At this point we must not forget that the prototyping activity may have an effect on the total duration.

The perimeter of our action must be adapted to our real capacity.
I have always said that the number of WG,BOF was not enough controlled most of them must be killed in the egg

Many agencies complain about the coast of travel of their representatives in different panel.If we were able to make in "dormant" status some WG for 1 year minimum and concentrate the effort on the remaining,may be we can obtain a result in short production of R1 and a strongest support from the mains agencies...

But this is typically an CMC concern and job and it is out of my authorized scope.

Bien amicalement

GL