[CMC] CCSDS 2005 Fall CMC Draft Resolutions and Action Items

Eduardo W. Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Thu Nov 17 09:43:23 EST 2005

Dear Neal,

I have the following comments concerning the Resolutions derived from the CMC meeting held in Reston:

1R) In the way I would, so far, understand Resolution CMC-R-0510-9, I would see it paraphrased as, or like ...

"Resolves that the CCSDS WGs are requested to report changes in the scheduling of their document products to the CESG and CMC."

2R) In respect to Resolution CMC-R-0510-14 I would, so far, understand that the final part of its assertion in the  form ...

"... to track CCSDS WG progress and performance. ..."

, instead of

"... to track CCSDS progress and performance. ..."

3R) In Resolution CMC-R-0510-18, what is it meant to be "litmus test" ?

4R) In respect to Resolution CMC-R-0510-21, after all the possibilities we discussed over, I understood as the final conclusion that the
institution to be addressed would be their national standardization (ANSI equivalent) body ... I may have misunderstood it;

Concerning the Action Items, I have the folowing comments:

1A)  Drop the word "for" from AI CMC-A-0510-3 current phrasing;

2A)  Consistently with the previous proposal made for Resolution CMC-R-0510-14, AI CMC-A-0510-15 would be possibly, in its final part be re-phrased, or like:

"... to track CCSDS WG progress and performance to the CMC. ..."

, instead of

"... to track CCSDS progress and performance to the CMC. ..."

3A) In the AI CMC-A-0510-17, the word "previous" should replace "pervious"; Though, in my understanding, a basic question, remains ... What care would be given to "decommitted" (legacy...)Green Books ? Also, what care would be given to non-decommitted Green Books, considering that they refer to BBs. In cases where their correspondent BBs are updated or re-structured, it should be considered that  the "accompanying" Gren Books should, if they are to remain valid, contain in their pertinent BB references, (updating) "warnings" in respect to decommitted and/or re-structured BBs, as it may be found to be appticable ...

4A) Consistently with the comment previously made in respect to Resolution CMC-R-0510-21 it would, again, if I did not misunderstood it, that the addressee in AI CMC-A-0510-21 organization would be the national standardization body ...

These are my comments. Best regards,

Eduardo