[CMC] RF & Modulation meeting in Pasadena

Soula Jean-Marc Jean-Marc.Soula at cnes.fr
Tue Oct 12 13:58:39 EDT 2004

Dear all,

it is quite recently, last week in fact,  that I discovered that the two WG's on RF&Mod and Ranging in the SLS area will have their meeting in Pasadena and not in Toulouse. Moreover, the dates were advanced by one month ...

This doesn't conform to the information I had on the room requirements and general organization of the meetings in Toulouse (Nov 15-19) for which those groups had been confirmed.

Having checked the registrations, it seems that these WG's will look like NASA - USA meetings with one representative of ESA (chairman), except if late registrations occur from now.
On the CNES side, we were planning to have several persons attend the meeting in Toulouse but we have not yet decided if we may send at least one representative in Pasadena, just for budget reasons.
I am not sure who are the usual other contributors to these groups (JAXA, DLR, ... ?) and if they were made aware of this change early enough to reschedule to an earlier date ...

As reported by Adrian at the last CMC there is a risk that a consensus is not reached by the RF&Mod WG and I'm not sure that having their meeting with a reduced participation and far away from other groups (and area director ?) will facilitate the consensus, in particular with those who could not attend.

Could you please advise how you anticipate the results of those meetings with, potentially, limited participation (in number of agencies) ?
Is it planned to have a complementary session in Toulouse for those who could not join in Pasadena ?
Why do these groups meet on opposite ocean sides compared to the others ?

Your quick answers are appreciated

Best regards

Jean-Marc SOULA
Chargé de Mission Réseaux de Stations