[CMC] Question re: recent CMC voting

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke@jpl.nasa.gov
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:47:10 -0800

--=====================_-1692929156==_.ALT

At 09:17 AM 1/7/2004, Allan, PM (Peter) wrote:
>  When you say something has been approved, do you mean that 100% of those
> who voted approved? Otherwise how can something be approved if there was
> not a quorum?

My assumption is that if there are no disapprovals, something is approved.
I have no knowledge of whether or not the CMC requires a quorum in order to
declare a vote successful. That's why I asked the question.

>On MC-E03-14, why do you say there is no consensus? 100% of the votes were
>cast for the Blue Book option. Admittedly it is not quorate, but that is
>no different to the other polls.

In a private communication shortly before the departure of the Secretariat,
it was my understanding that CSA had difficulty in accessing the voting
site but in fact cast a vote for a Purple Book rather than a Blue Book,
thus breaking consensus and rejecting the motion.

>I fear that the root cause of the shortage of votes is that the
>announcement of the poll came out shortly before the Christmas holiday.

That may be, but the voting is now closed and in the absence of the
Secretariat I do not know of any way to re-open it.

Best regards
Adrian

--=====================_-1692929156==_.ALT

At 09:17 AM 1/7/2004, Allan, PM (Peter) wrote:<br>
you say something has been approved, do you mean that 100% of those who
voted approved? Otherwise how can something be approved if there was not
My assumption is that if there are no disapprovals, something is
approved. I have no knowledge of whether or not the CMC requires a quorum
in order to declare a vote successful. That's why I asked the
question.<br><br>
MC-E03-14, why do you say there is no consensus? 100% of the votes were
cast for the Blue Book option. Admittedly it is not quorate, but that is
In a private communication shortly before the departure of the
Secretariat, it was my understanding that CSA had difficulty in accessing
the voting site but in fact cast a vote for a Purple Book rather than a
Blue Book, thus breaking consensus and rejecting the motion.<br><br>
fear that the root cause of the shortage of votes is that the
announcement of the poll came out shortly before the Christmas holiday.
That may be, but the voting is now closed and in the absence of the
Secretariat I do not know of any way to re-open it.<br><br>
Best regards<br>
Adrian<br>