[CESG] [EXTERNAL] MAL PIDs spreadsheet

Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de
Fri Jul 29 14:49:16 UTC 2022

Dear All,

Following Erik's email, I also looked into the excel sheet prepared by Peter with all remarks&iterations made by him, Mehran, and further extended by Erik. I've also added a few comments (updated version herewith attached, also uploaded on cwe).

In general, as already commented during the telco a few weeks ago, I don't see unrecoverable points. In particular:

  1.  This is a revision of an existing blue book and I think it's not appropriate to move it to a different track (i.e. magenta), since this revision is indeed part of the current WG charter.
  2.  The main critical points are in my opinion confined to the first sections in terms of definition, terminology and overall scope. Then, the security implications are also currently vaguely addressed, whereby a rework of this will be probably necessary.
  3.  Some of the points have been in part already answered by Mehran (and in general by the WG), so that probably implementing the remaining points should not be an exhausting exercise.
  4.  Last but not the least, I know that the preparation of the book has been subject to thorough iterations in the WG in order to take into account all concerns/requirements exposed by the different agencies. Moreover I have the impression the delayed agency review is affecting also books under preparation in the same WG or at least within the overall MOIMS area. I certainly concur that a book can go to agency review only when fulfils certain CESG quality principles, but we cannot certainly delay the process forever, more importantly if the book is a (in my opinion light) revision of an existing one. Maybe some points could have been even directly raised during agency review.

Best Regards,

Tomaso