[CESG] [EXTERNAL] Re: CESG-P-2020-12-006 Approval to publish CCSDS 922.3-B-1, Cross Support Transfer Service—Forward Frame Service ( Blue Book, Issue 1)

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Mar 11 11:26:15 UTC 2021

Peter,
        the updates have been visible to me only when -  following the
announcement of conditions met - I asked them to Tom.
I do not know whether anybody else in CESG (apart from CSS AD and DAD, I
would guess) could see them.

As I read your mail I perceive that everybody else (i.e. WG, CSS, other
CESGers) is guilty but you.
However, never mind.

Clearly the rules only require to close condition and go ahead with next
poll without more review from CESG.
On the other hand the rules also require to vote during poll (and not
after polls) and - as CESG agreed - to provide formal PIDs (this was
discussed in order to give real visibility on conditions).

I am reporting what I see as an issue with "heavy" changes after "heavy"
Conditions.
I would be curios about knowing who in CESG has been able to fully
understand the requested changes and eventually to track the implemented
changes.
IMO, the mechanism of CESG conditions was thought to address changes with
"reasonable/limited scope".
IMO, when changes exceed a "reasonable/limited scope" the document should
return to CESG Poll (or even to Agency Review in some cases).

If nobody else can see this issue except me, then... peace and love.

Best regards

Gian Paolo