[CESG] UN registry of "objects in space", was FW: [EXTERNAL] [Moims-sc] NASA Artemis Accords...

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Mon May 25 10:06:34 UTC 2020

Dear Peter,
Indeed the Partners of the Artemis Accord are supposed to join the
Registration Convention of the UN. I have glanced through the UN Registry
– which is really huge – and I understood that its  role is   to mainly
(although not only) address legal aspects of space objects.
Our SANA Registry contains, as you outlined, technical information about
spacecraft.
Your proposal to approach  the Artemis Program – and the UN – about
adopting the SANA registries as part of the Artemis interoperability
strategy looks interesting to me. I assume the liaison will be established
via/by the SSG.
We can put this topic in the CESG Agenda of next week’s meeting (Meeting
2, on 3rd June).
Kind regards,
Margherita

Margherita di Giulio