[CESG] [EXTERNAL] SSG Members

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 21 16:10:41 UTC 2020

Gippo,

In reality there is actually a pretty simple answer for that question.  The request has gone out a number of times for people to participate in the SSG.  The actual participating members are those who expressed an interest and who have been willing to attend meetings and engage in email discussions.  Dealing with the management and governance of the SANA is not exactly "glamorous", so I am really grateful to have whatever support has been provided by the active SSG members.

I would like broader participation from the other areas that are not represented, such as MOIMS, SOIS, and CSS; right now only SEA, SLS, and SIS are involved.  As major participating agencies in CCSDS I would also like at least ESA and UKSA to be represented, right now it is just NASA, CNES, DLR, and CA.

I think we all know that smaller WGs can be more nimble than larger ones, so asking for broader involvement may just slow things down.  That said, I think it would be better if all the groups that may be affected by the SANA registries were at least aware of what is going on and participated to the extent of reviewing and contributing to the work.

Related to all of this, I do have all of the inputs to the recent SANA related polls.  I will be reviewing them and providing proposed dispositions for them in the next couple of weeks.  These will be reviewed with the SSG before they are returned to the originators.

Best regards, Peter