[CESG] SANA interface updates in process - FW: [EXTERNAL] SSA Design 20200814

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 14 18:39:44 UTC 2020

Dear SSG, CCSDS Secretariat, CESG, and key CCSDS leads,

As was mentioned a while back, the SANA Operator has been funded specifically to develop a new interfaces for certain registries that were designed to be updated by Agency Representatives (AR).  We have a few of these registries already, such as the Service Sites and Apertures (SS&A) registry.  The plan was to create a secure interface that would allow SS&A information for an agency to be updated by the authorized Agency Representative for that agency.
We needed a way for the AR, or their designated representative with the "Asset Assignor" Role, to directly add, edit, and delete entries, while maintaining the integrity of these links databases: SS&A, sites, services, and apertures (including those that are spacecraft, not just terrestrial ones).

The SANA Operator is now designing and implementing this feature.

Please review this description and ensure that you see no problems.  This is in Google Docs, but you can download a read-only copy and make any needed edits using MS Word.  Please review and provide feedback no later than a week from now, 21 Aug.  This does the following:

  1.  Creates a new SS&A editing interface that has secure access controls.
  2.  Allow the AR, or their designee, to only edits their agency / site data.
  3.  Maintains referential integrity among the linked registries.
  4.  Supports the addition and updating of all the different types of sites, services, and apertures that have been documented.
  5.  The entries in this registry will be made directly by the AR and designees, but the SANA Operator will check and verify the resulting changes..

Thanks, Peter