[CESG] [EXTERNAL] ECSS work on e-Glossary - possible CCSDS synergies

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 27 17:10:28 UTC 2019

Dear Margherita,

We could, as you suggest, have a discussion in the SSG about these two Glossary efforts and whether there are sufficient similarities or differences to make looking at some sort of collaboration viable.  But I think you are aware that the SSG is really just about steering the SANA Operator's work and how the SANA handles its relationships with the CCSDS WG.

This discussion seems to me to be more appropriate in the context of the CESG because arriving at any sort of collaboration on Glossary entries would mean that the CCSDS WG and the ECSS WG, or whatever technical apparatus that they have, would need to work together.  The same is true, by the way, with the TC 20/SC 14 relationship that we have been working on for a while in the CESG context, and with CMC visibility.

I think it would be more appropriate to have this discussion within the CESG before we start to try and work out the mechanics.  As a result I have copied the CESG, and the CMC chair, to get their feedback.

Best regards, Peter