[CESG] [EXTERNAL] Re: Draft MoM of CESG Meeting

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 17 17:55:42 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I just reviewed again the proposed set of edits to the original MoM that Margherita sent out.  There are short sections of text that I inserted:

  1.  Text quoted from the Registry Management Policy (CCSDS 313.1-Y-1) relative to the defined processes form managing the CCSDS Glossary
  2.  Text quoted from CCSDS 320.0-M-7, dated Nov 2017 that documented statements made during the CESG meeting re long-standing requirements to relinquish SCIDs and to not use them for archival purposes

With the exception of these two insertions, which we added for clarity, everything else in the edits I provided we are discussed during the meeting.  To leave these out is to leave the report inaccurate as to what was said and what it meant.  It is the case that we did engage in a certain level of technical discussion and argument, and the minutes of the meeting should reflect that, even if we did not reach a solid conclusion.

I am attaching the edits with those two sections, and an inaccurate statement caught by Gippo, removed.

Best regards, Peter