[CESG] SEA SAWG proposed edits to the SOIS document, CCSDS 870.10-Y-1, MO Services and SOIS Electronic Data Sheets

Shames, Peter M (312B) Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Feb 9 01:04:52 UTC 2019

Dear All,

As reported during the CESG Telecon on 7 Feb 2019, the Systems Engineering Area (SEA), using resources of the Systems Architecture Working Group (SAWG), has completed a review of the SOIS document, CCSDS 870.10-Y-1, MO Services and SOIS Electronic Data Sheets and proposed a set of updates to resolve differences of opinion between SOIS and MOIMS and clarify the relationships.  This result was derived using meeting and email discussions within the SAWG and particularly with representatives of the two different points of view (Roger Thompson and Ramon Krosley) and the original author of the document (Richard Melvin).  Before sending this document out more widely these parties were polled and they concurred in this release, with two minor issues noted.  Those issues have been dealt with in this version.

Three files are attached:

  1.  A "clean" version with changes accepted, but revised text left in red
  2.  A raw version with all of the tracked changes visible
  3.  A spreadsheet extracted from the marked up PDF files, along with the audit trail of discussions leading to resolution

Since this is, in effect, a cross-area "working group" of sorts I would like to ask all of those who have a stake in this to review the document and provide feedback in two weeks, by 22 Feb 2019.  I'd like to use a consensus process over email and am hoping we can wrap this up quickly.  We will still need to process the final result through the CESG for approval to publish.

Thanks, Peter