[CESG] Issue with CCSDS Liaison list

Shames, Peter M (312B) Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 23 09:52:57 UTC 2018

Dear Secretariat,

I am working my way down through the list of issues that surfaced yesterday in the CESG discussion, here is another one for you:

=> liaison list on CCSDS website is inaccurate and (probably) out of date

During CESG discussions about the OMG Liaison we went to look at the existing Liaison list.  We found the following that we believe are issues:

  1.  Some liaison org references are incorrect (especially ECSS was noted)
  2.  For all orgs except OMG there is no CCSDS point of contact indicated (in some cases, such as John Garrett, these appear to be identical, but not all)
  3.  Recommend that we:
     *   Update the Liaison org list to ensure we have accurate names and addresses
     *   Add for each Liaison org the CCSDS person who is the CCSDS Point of Contact
     *   Edit the two OMG entries to make one entry for the org with the both the OMG and CCSDS PoC shown in one entry
     *   Remove any orgs that cannot be confirmed or where there is no PoC identified
     *   Try and find any source MOU / MOA for each liaison organization

Thanks, Peter