[CESG] Resolution SLS-R-2018-12-001 Start of CWE Project for “SLS Glossary of Terms”CCSDS 707.1-M Recommended Practice (Magenta Book)

Shames, Peter M (312B) Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 3 16:19:14 UTC 2018

Hi Gippo,

From the SEA and SANA points of view I am really glad to see that you are tackling this topic.  If it is done right it will surely be a net benefit to all.

Along the lines of "if it is done right", what I did not see in this proposal is any work relating to these two topics:

  1.  Removing duplicate definitions from the SANA Glossary so that we just have one official set
  2.  A plan to normalize the definitions in all the published standards so that we really have only one set of terms in use across the CCSDS standards and the SANA

It's not clear that either of these "clean up" tasks are part of the proposal.  Are they?

Thanks, Peter