[CESG] Fw: IT Help Desk Tickets & Current IT Dev. Priorities

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Fri May 12 17:36:20 UTC 2017

FYI

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 12/05/2017 19:35 -----

From:   "Ross, David (HQ-CG000)[Arctic Slope Technical Services, Inc.]"
<david.ross at nasa.gov>
To:     "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int" <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>
Date:   11/05/2017 18:10
Subject:        IT Help Desk Tickets & Current IT Dev. Priorities

Nestor,

See links below. Both lists are brand new starting this year as we begin
to wrap project management around the CCSDS Secretariat.

CCSDS Development Priorities List:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/sec/Lists/dev/AllItems.aspx (List items 1 & 2 are
fixes to the current system based upon multiple user requests to do so).
This list contains all requested development activities to the CCSDS
Secretariat and where items are being worked their current completion
status. Item statuses have been a bit stagnant the past month or so due to
heavy user requests surrounding the meetings (I hope it is just due to the
meetings). See Help Desk Ticket System below for more information about
that.

CCSDS Help Desk Ticket System (HDST):
https://cwe.ccsds.org/Lists/HDTS/AllItems.aspx - All emails to
techsupport at mailman.ccsds.org are now automatically routed to our CCSDS
Ticketing System. This system is brand new and was prototyped by ASRC
staff whom set it up and then passed it off to CCSDS web development staff
for final execution and use. It is now the primary source of CCSDS
Ticketing Information for all requests coming to tech support.

If you don?t mind me getting on my soap box briefly... My goal as the
manager of the Secretariat is to bring the Secretariat from its prior
state as a reactive managed project to a well-defined and quantitatively
managed project at a cost that is equal to or less than the current cost
profile. As we optimize all processes and procedures, I can more quickly
drive our efficiencies in cost and responsiveness to the CCSDS community.