[CESG] [SSG] SEA-R-2017-05-001 Request approval to remove the out of date SANA Leap Second (UTC Offsets) registry

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Thu May 4 19:52:34 UTC 2017

On 4 May 2017, at 14:57, Shames, Peter M (312B) wrote:

> Not to my knowledge.  There is no identified source for the
> information.  I think that Adrian asked that it be created when the
> SANA was set up, but apparently no one "owns" it.

right. It was a request from Adrian. I think this was a good idea on
paper, but not in daily operation. Even at that time, I warned Adrian
that it is not a good idea to duplicate a registry (nor to duplicate a
standard doc) from another organisation, since they may become out of
sync for various reasons, not all technical. But we proceeded as
requested.

 From SANA perspective, they are no known use of this registry in CCSDS,
nor any formal reference to it.

Marc.