[CESG] Lack of a standardised approach for CCSDS Document Number

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 13 15:13:24 UTC 2016

Nestor,

Since we have document numbering rules already defined in the CCSDS Org & Proc (A02x0), and these clearly define the approach for numbering published standards I assume that this comment is relevant only for DRAFT documents that are stored as working materials in the CWE.  To be frank, as long as there is some sort of identifying number and name that makes sense on these DRAFT documents, and some sort of version tracking, I really do not think we should care too much about how these drafts are named.  They are internal work products of the organization.

I think maybe we are trying to polish the cannonball here.  As a standards organization we should be paying more attention to the quality of what goes out the door than to these minutiae of how the WGs name their working products.

Regards, Peter