[CESG] Updated template for WG Report to Area / Planning Table Readability etc.

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Nov 2 08:44:47 UTC 2016

We experienced some problems with the Planning Table Readability.

I wonder whether we really need the two columns STATUS and COMMENTS or
whether we should simple have a single column for "Status & Comments".
In this respect it can be good checking the Rome Report how many rows had
bot fields filled up in a "really relevant" manner and not just because
there were holes to fill.
I know that what is "really relevant" is debatable and personal.

 In Rome the style used, despite of the common template, was not
uniform.... so I have a few Question on planning tables:
Shall background colour of rows be used or NOT?
What shall the CCSDS Reference Number Contain? Is the word CCSDS Really
needed? Is the number enough? Should we have number and type (B/M/G)? Is
the issue required? If yes, shall be the issue to be published or the
previous one?   Remark: larger the field, lower the readability of other
fields.
Is the activity code to be used really clear/unabygous?
Is the semaphore picture to be added or not?
Is copy as picture mandatory?

Have a nice day.

Gian Paolo
this message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only.