[CESG] CESG report to CMC

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Apr 21 12:09:54 UTC 2016

Slide 28: Who or what is CESG? It is indicated that CESG allocates additional resources for completion of ESA implementation.
Mistakenly said CESG to allocate resources, it is of course the CMC.

  *   Fixed on slide.

Slide 29: There is no project defined (in CWE), where actions have to be done. Therefore it is not clear, why MIA is generating Pink Sheets and having a RID process on these pink sheets.
Developing Green Book with participation from DTN WG members: here the Green Book on “Requirements for Streaming Services over Bundle Protocol” is the one looked at, or?

We had long discussed this aspect of the MIA book — they were being held up publishing their Blue Book because they wanted to include MotionJPEG2000, but industry was slow to standardize and interoperability test a transport mechanism.  In the end we published the Blue book with the intent of putting MotionJPEG2000 in when it was available, and this set of pink sheets IS that addition.

  *   No change to slide.

Correct, the Green book is the Requirement for Streaming Services Green Book.

  *   Minor update to slide to clarify.

Slide 31: Schedule-Aware Bundle Routing (CGR) is the old Contact Graph Routing (CGR) for CCSDS. Should that be indicated in the project plan as well?

The title evolved as the draft red book was written and discussed with the WG.  Updated the framework and projects to indicate that this is now Schedule-Aware Bundle Routing (and WAS contact graph routing).  I would like to eventually remove the latter after 6mos or a year (that it WAS contact graph routing, leaving only schedule-aware bundle routing.  The book title should NOT (IMHO) say that it WAS CGR in the past.

  *   Minor update to slide.

—keith