[CESG] Fw: Spring 2016 Demographics Report

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Mon Apr 11 15:43:47 UTC 2016

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 11/04/2016 17:43 -----

From:   "Ross, David (HQ-CG000)[Arctic Slope Technical Services, Inc.]"
<david.ross at nasa.gov>
To:     "Nestor.Peccia at esa.int" <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>
Date:   11/04/2016 17:42
Subject:        RE: Spring 2016 Demographics Report

Nestor,

Thank you for the comments ? this should not be the case and I have double
checked my data to confirm that this is true. I believe the groups
concerns are with my methodology, so I will describe that methodology
below.

Methodology:

·        A database of the full registration list was created and sign-in
sheets were generated that listed everyone who registered
·        After sign-in sheets were returned a checkbox (True/False field)
was applied to everyone who showed up to the meeting
o   For attendees who did not register who showed up, I manually filled in
all of their information and email address
·        To calculate, I used ?DistinctRow? where counts were generated
using the distinct counts of emails that showed up to the meetings (as
these are unique to all individuals).
o   This incudes in the demographics all individuals whom attended
meetings (even multi-day meetings) regardless of their ?regular?
attendance. Which is to say that some meeting attendees may have attended
one session but not all of the sessions, but they were still counted in
the meeting demographics as having had shown up to the meetings.

Regarding Methodology:
I can see how my last bullet may skew the data  more towards the meeting
registration, but I felt it was the right way to get a count as this
largely occurred on days when attendance was highest and meeting attendees
were attending various meetings that they had not registered for. Further,
the number of attendees whom did not register for meetings but showed up
to them was quite high ? approximately 130 unique movements (showing up to
a meeting they did not register for). Interestingly, overall I logged 190
attendees (unique email addresses) over the course of the week, but yet
our maximum daily attendance was only 154, which again I believe is
indicative of the movement between meetings and days.

Thanks,
-David